How To Turn Off Your Gas Line In An Emergency - YouTube ( How To Shut Off Gas To House #5)
6 photos of How To Turn Off Your Gas Line In An Emergency - YouTube ( How To Shut Off Gas To House #5)
Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Turnturn (tûrn),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to cause to move around on an axis or about a center;
rotate: to turn a wheel.
- to cause to move around or partly around, as for the purpose of opening, closing, or tightening: to turn a key; to turn the cap of a jar.
- to reverse the position or placement of: to turn a page; to turn an egg; to turn a person around.
- to bring the lower layers of (sod, soil, etc.) to the surface, as in plowing.
- to change the position of, by or as if by rotating;
move into a different position: to turn the handle one notch.
- to change or alter the course of;
deflect: He turned the blow with his arm.
- to change the focus or tendency of: She skillfully turned the conversation away from so unpleasant a subject.
- to reverse the progress of;
cause to retreat: The police turned the advancing rioters by firing over their heads.
- to change or alter the nature, character, or appearance of: Worry turned his hair gray.
- to change or convert (usually fol. by into or to): to turn water into ice; to turn tears into laughter.
- to render or make by some change: Fear turned him cowardly and craven.
- to change the color of (leaves).
- to cause to become sour, to ferment, or the like: Warm weather turns milk.
- to cause (the stomach) to reject food, liquid, etc.;
affect with nausea.
- to change from one language or form of expression to another;
- to put or apply to some use or purpose: He turned his mind to practical matters.
- to go or pass around or to the other side of: to turn a street corner.
- to get beyond or pass (a certain age, time, amount, etc.): His son just turned four.
- to direct, aim, or set toward, away from, or in a specified direction: to turn the car toward the center of town; to turn one's back to the audience.
- to direct (the eyes, face, etc.) another way;
- to shape (a piece of metal, wood, etc.) into rounded form with a cutting tool while rotating the piece on a lathe.
- to bring into a rounded or curved form in any way.
- to shape artistically or gracefully, esp. in rounded form.
- to form or express gracefully: to turn a phrase well.
- to direct (thought, attention, desire, etc.) toward or away from something.
- to cause to go;
drive: to turn a person from one's door.
- to revolve in the mind;
ponder (often fol. by over): He turned the idea over a couple of times before acting on it.
- to persuade (a person) to change or reorder the course of his or her life.
- to cause to be prejudiced against: to turn a son against his father.
- to maintain a steady flow or circulation of (money or articles of commerce).
- to earn or gain: He turned a huge profit on the sale.
- to reverse or remake (a garment, shirt collar, etc.) so that the inner side becomes the outer.
- to pour from one container into another by inverting.
- to curve, bend, or twist.
- to twist out of position or sprain;
wrench: He turned his ankle.
- to bend back or blunt (the edge of a blade).
- to perform (a gymnastic feat) by rotating or revolving: to turn a somersault.
- to disturb the mental balance of;
- to disorder or upset the placement or condition of: He turned the room upside down.
- to convert.
- to pervert.
- to move around on an axis or about a center;
- to move partly around through the arc of a circle, as a door on a hinge.
- to hinge or depend (usually fol. by on or upon): The question turns on this point.
- to direct or set one's course toward, away from, or in a particular direction.
- to direct the face or gaze toward or away from someone or something.
- to direct one's thought, attention, desire, etc., toward or away from someone or something.
- to give or apply one's interest, attention, effort, etc., to something;
pursue: He turned to the study and practice of medicine.
- to change or reverse a course so as to go in a different or the opposite direction: to turn to the right.
- to change position so as to face in a different or the opposite direction.
- to change or reverse position or posture as by a rotary motion.
- to shift the body about as if on an axis: to turn on one's side while sleeping.
- to assume a curved form;
- to become blunted or dulled by bending, as the cutting edge of a knife or saw.
- to be affected with nausea, as the stomach.
- to be affected with giddiness or dizziness;
have a sensation of whirling or reeling.
- to adopt religion, a manner of life, etc., esp. as differing from a previous position or attitude: He turned to Christianity in his old age.
- to change or transfer one's loyalties;
defect: He turned from the Democrats and joined the Republicans.
- to change an attitude or policy: to turn in favor of someone; to turn against a person.
- to change or alter, as in nature, character, or appearance.
- to become sour, rancid, fermented, or the like, as milk or butter.
- to change color: The leaves began to turn in October.
- to change so as to be;
become: a lawyer turned poet; to turn pale.
- to become mentally unbalanced or distracted.
- to put about or tack, as a ship.
- (of copy) to run either from the bottom of the last column on one page to the top of the first column on the following page or from one column on a page to the expected place in the next column on the page (opposed to jump).
- turn back:
- to retrace one's footsteps;
turn around to return.
- to cause to go no further or to return, as by not welcoming;
- to fold (a blanket, sheet of paper, etc.) on itself: Turn back the page to keep the place.
- turn down:
- to turn over;
- to lower in intensity;
- to refuse or reject (a person, request, etc.): The Marine Corps turned him down.
- turn in:
- to hand in;
submit: to turn in a resignation.
- to inform on or deliver up: She promptly turned him in to the police.
- to turn from one path or course into another;
- to go to bed;
retire: I never turn in before eleven o'clock.
- turn into:
- to drive a vehicle or to walk into (a street, store, etc.): We turned into the dead-end street. He turned into the saloon at the corner.
- to be changed, transformed, or converted into: He has turned into a very pleasant fellow. The caterpillar turned into a butterfly.
- turn off:
- to stop the flow of (water, gas, etc.), as by closing a faucet or valve.
- to extinguish (a light).
- to divert;
- to diverge or branch off, as a side road from a main road.
- to drive a vehicle or walk onto (a side road) from a main road: You turn off at 96th Street. Turn off the highway on the dirt road.
- [Slang.]to stop listening: You could see him turn off as the speaker droned on.
- to disaffect, alienate, or disgust.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to discharge an employee.
- turn on:
- to cause (water, gas, etc.) to flow, as by opening a valve.
- to switch on (a light).
- to put into operation;
- to start suddenly to affect or show: She turned on the charm and won him over.
- to induce (a person) to start taking a narcotic drug.
- to take a narcotic drug.
- to arouse or excite the interest of;
engage: the first lecture that really turned me on.
- to arouse sexually.
- Also, turn upon. to become suddenly hostile to: The dog turned on its owner.
- turn one's hand to. See hand (def. 74).
- turn out:
- to extinguish (a light).
- to produce as the result of labor: She turned out four tapestries a year.
- to drive out;
discharge: a premier turned out of office.
- to fit out;
- to result;
- to come to be;
- to be found or known;
- to be present at;
- to get out of bed.
- [Naut.]to order (a seaman or seamen) from quarters for duty.
- to cause to turn outward, as the toes.
- turn over:
- to move or be moved from one side to another.
- to put in reverse position;
- to consider;
- to transfer;
- to start (an engine): He turned over the car motor.
- (of an engine) to start: The motor turned over without any trouble.
- [Com.]to purchase and then sell (goods or commodities).
- [Com.]to do business or sell goods to the amount of (a specified sum).
- [Com.]to invest or recover (capital) in some transaction or in the course of business.
- turn the tables. See table (def. 19).
- turn the tide. See tide 1 (def. 12).
- turn to:
- to apply to for aid;
appeal to: When he was starting out as an artist he turned to his friends for loans.
- to begin to attend to or work at something: After the storm we turned to and cleaned up the debris.
- to change to: The ice turned to water.
- turn up:
- to fold (material, a hem, cuffs, etc.) up or over in order to alter a garment.
- to bring to the surface by digging: to turn up a shovelful of earth.
- to uncover;
- to intensify or increase.
- to happen;
occur: Let's wait and see what turns up.
- to appear;
arrive: She turned up at the last moment.
- to be recovered: I'm sure your watch will turn up eventually.
- to come to notice;
- a movement of partial or total rotation: a slight turn of the handle.
- an act of changing or reversing position or posture, as by a rotary movement: a turn of the head.
- a time or opportunity for action which comes in due rotation or order to each of a number of persons, animals, etc.: It's my turn to pay the bill.
- an act of changing or reversing the course or direction: to make a turn to the right.
- a place or point at which such a change occurs.
- a place where a road, river, or the like turns;
bend: About a mile ahead, you'll come to a turn in the road.
- a single revolution, as of a wheel.
- an act of turning so as to face or go in a different direction.
- direction, drift, or trend: The conversation took an interesting turn.
- any change, as in nature, character, condition, affairs, circumstances, etc.;
modification: a turn for the better.
- the point or time of change.
- the time during which a worker or a set of workers is at work in alternation with others.
- that which is done by each of a number of persons acting in rotation or succession.
- rounded or curved form.
- the shape or mold in which something is formed or cast.
- a passing or twisting of one thing around another, as of a rope around a mast.
- the state of or a manner of being twisted.
- a single circular or convoluted shape, as of a coiled or wound rope.
- a small latch operated by a turning knob or lever.
- style, as of expression or language.
- a distinctive form or style imparted: a happy turn of expression.
- a short walk, ride, or the like out and back, esp. by different routes: Let's go for a turn in the park.
- a natural inclination, bent, tendency, or aptitude: one's turn of mind.
- a spell or period of work;
- a spell or bout of action or activity, esp. in wrestling.
- an attack of illness or the like.
- an act of service or disservice: He once did her a good turn. She repaid it with a bad turn.
- requirement, exigency, or need: This will serve your turn.
- treatment or rendering, esp. with reference to the form or content of a work of literature, art, etc.;
twist: He gave the story a new turn.
- a nervous shock, as from fright or astonishment: It certainly gave me quite a turn to see him.
- [Stock Exchange.]a complete securities transaction that includes both a purchase and sale.
- a melodic embellishment or grace, commonly consisting of a principal tone with two auxiliary tones, one above and the other below it.
- [Chiefly Brit.]an individual stage performance, esp. in a vaudeville theater or music hall.
- a drill movement by which a formation changes fronts.
- a contest or round;
a bout, as in wrestling.
- at every turn, in every case or instance;
constantly: We met with kindness at every turn.
- by turns, one after another;
in rotation or succession;
alternately: They did their shopping and cleaning by turns.
- hand's turn, a period or piece of work: It won't be necessary for you to do a hand's turn yourself, but rather to supervise.
- in turn, in due order of succession: Each generation in turn must grapple with the same basic problems.
- on the turn, on the verge or in the process of turning;
changing: She said she hoped to be alive to see the century on the turn.
- out of turn:
- not in the correct succession;
out of proper order.
- at an unsuitable time;
indiscreetly: He spoke out of turn and destroyed the cordial atmosphere of the meeting.
- take turns, to succeed one another in order;
alternate: They took turns walking the dog.
- to a turn, to just the proper degree;
to perfection: The steak was done to a turn.
- turn and turn about or turn about, by turns: They fought the fire, turn and turn about, until daybreak.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Gasgas (gas),USA pronunciation n., pl. gas•es, v., gassed, gas•sing.
- [Physics.]a substance possessing perfect molecular mobility and the property of indefinite expansion, as opposed to a solid or liquid.
- any such fluid or mixture of fluids.
- any such fluid used as an anesthetic, as nitrous oxide: Did the dentist give you gas for your extraction?
- any such combustible fluid used as fuel: Light the gas in the oven.
- Also called gas pedal. the foot-operated accelerator of an automotive vehicle: Take your foot off the gas.
- [Coal Mining.]an explosive mixture of firedamp with air.
- an aeriform fluid or a mistlike assemblage of fine particles suspended in air, used in warfare to asphyxiate, poison, or stupefy an enemy.
- empty talk.
- a person or thing that is very entertaining, pleasing, or successful: The party was an absolute gas, and we loved it.
- a person or thing that affects one strongly.
- step on the gas, [Informal.]to increase the speed of one's movement or activity;
hurry: We'd better step on the gas or we'll be late for the concert.
- to supply with gas.
- to overcome, poison, or asphyxiate with gas or fumes.
- to singe (yarns or fabrics) with a gas flame to remove superfluous fibers.
- to treat or impregnate with gas.
- to talk nonsense or falsehood to.
- to amuse or affect strongly: Her weird clothes really gas me.
- to give off gas, as a storage battery being charged.
- to indulge in idle, empty talk.
- to become drunk (often fol. by up).
- gas up, to fill the gasoline tank of an automobile, truck, or other vehicle.
Lineline1 (līn),USA pronunciation n., v., lined, lin•ing.
- a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness;
the trace of a moving point.
- something arranged along a line, esp. a straight line;
a row or series: a line of trees.
- a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something;
- something resembling a traced line, as a band of color, a seam, or a furrow: lines of stratification in rock.
- a furrow or wrinkle on the face, neck, etc.: lines around the eyes.
- an indication of demarcation;
limit: the county line; a fine line between right and wrong.
- a row of written or printed letters, words, etc.: a page of 30 lines.
- a verse of poetry: A line in iambic pentameter contains five feet.
- Usually, lines. the words of an actor's part in a drama, musical comedy, etc.: to rehearse one's lines.
- a short written message: Drop me a line when you're on vacation.
- a system of public conveyances, as buses or trains, plying regularly over a fixed route: the northbound line at State Street.
- a transportation or conveyance company: a steamship line.
- a course of direction;
route: the line of march down Main Street.
- a course of action, procedure, thought, policy, etc.: That newspaper follows the communist line.
- a piece of pertinent or useful information (usually fol. by on): I've got a line on a good used car.
- a series of generations of persons, animals, or plants descended from a common ancestor: a line of kings.
- a department of activity;
occupation or business: What line are you in?
- a mode of conversation, esp. one that is glib or exaggerated in order to impress or influence another person: He really handed her a line about his rich relatives.
- a straight line drawn from an observed object to the fovea of the eye.
- the outer form or proportions of a ship, building, etc.: a ship of fine lines.
- a general form, as of an event or something that is made, which may be the basis of comparison, imitation, etc.: two books written along the same lines.
- a person's lot or portion: to endure the hard lines of poverty.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a certificate of marriage.
- a circle of the terrestrial or celestial sphere: the equinoctial line.
- banner (def. 7).
- a mark made by a pencil, brush, or the like, that defines the contour of a shape, forms hatching, etc.
- the edge of a shape.
- [Television.]one scanning line.
- a telephone connection: Please hold the line.
- a wire circuit connecting two or more pieces of electric apparatus, esp. the wire or wires connecting points or stations in a telegraph or telephone system, or the system itself.
- the line, the equator.
- a stock of commercial goods of the same general class but having a range of styles, sizes, prices, or quality: the company's line of shoes.
- an assembly line.
- a limit defining one estate from another;
the outline or boundary of a piece of real estate.
- [Bridge.]a line on a score sheet that separates points scored toward game(below the line) from points scored by setting a contract, having honors, etc.(above the line).
- [Music.]any of the straight, horizontal, parallel strokes of the staff, or one placed above or below the staff.
- a defensive position or front.
- a series of fortifications: the Maginot line.
- Usually, lines. a distribution of troops, sentries, etc., for the defense of a position or for an attack: behind the enemy's lines.
- the body of personnel constituting the combatant forces of an army, as distinguished from the supply services and staff corps.
- an arrangement of troops of an army or of ships of a fleet as drawn up for battle: line of battle.
- a body or formation of troops or ships drawn up abreast (distinguished from column).
- the class of officers serving with combatant units or warships.
- the regular forces of an army or navy.
- that part of an administrative organization consisting of persons actively engaged on a given project. Cf. staff1 (def. 4).
- a thread, string, cord, rope, or the like.
- a clothesline: the wash hanging on the line.
- a cord, wire, or the like, used for measuring or as a guide.
- a pipe or hose: a steam line.
- a rope or cable used at sea.
- a small quantity of cocaine arranged in the form of a slender thread or line, as for sniffing.
- Also, ligne. a unit, &fracnumer;
inch (0.635 millimeter), for measuring the diameter of buttons.
- [Angling.]a length of nylon, silk, linen, cord, or the like, to which are attached the leader, hook, sinker, float, etc.
- either of the two front rows of opposing players lined up opposite each other on the line of scrimmage: a four-man line.
- See line of scrimmage.
- the betting odds established by bookmakers for events not covered by pari-mutuel betting, esp. sporting events, as football or basketball.
- [Ice Hockey.]the two wings and center who make up a team's offensive unit.
- [Fencing.]any of the four divisions of the portion of a fencer's body on which a touch can be scored, taken as an area of attack or defense.
- the longer and preferred flax or hemp fibers. Cf. tow2 (def. 2).
- [Fox Hunting.]the trail of scent left by a fox.
- a unit of length equivalent to &fracnumer;
inch (2.12 millimeters).
- a class or type of insurance: casualty line.
- the amount of insurance written for a particular risk.
- [Australian Slang.]a girl or woman.
- bring, come, or get into line:
- to become or cause to become straight, as in a row: The members of the marching band got into line.
- to conform or cause to conform or agree: They were persuaded to come into line with the party's policy.
- down the line:
- in all ways;
fully: It's a fine house right down the line—well-built, roomy, attractive.
- in the future.
- draw the line, to impose a restriction;
limit: They might exaggerate but would draw the line at outright lying.
- go up in one's lines, [U.S.]Theat. to forget one's part during a performance. Also,[Brit.,] go up on one's lines.
- hold the line, to maintain the status quo, esp. in order to forestall unfavorable developments: We're trying to hold the line on prices.
- in line:
- in alignment;
- in conformity or agreement.
- in control (of one's conduct): to keep one's temper in line.
- waiting one behind the other in a queue: There were eight people in line at the teller's window.
- in line with, in agreement or conformity with: The action taken was in line with her decision.
- in the line of duty, in the execution of the duties belonging to some occupation, esp. with regard to the responsibility for life and death: a policeman wounded in the line of duty.Also, in line of duty.
- lay it on the line:
- to give money;
- to give the required information;
speak directly or frankly: I'm going to stop being polite and lay it on the line.
- off line:
- occurring or functioning away from an assembly line, work process, etc.
- not in operation;
- on a line, [Baseball.](of a batted or thrown ball) through the air in an approximately straight line from the point of impact or delivery: hit on a line between third and short; thrown in on a line from the center fielder.
- on line:
- on or part of an assembly line: Production will be improved when the new welding equipment is on line.
- in or into operation: The manufacturing facilities will be on line before November.
- [Computers.]actively linked to a computer: The printer is not yet on line.
- [Chiefly New York City.]See line 1 (def. 60e).
- on the line:
- being risked or put in jeopardy;
in a vulnerable position: Our prestige and honor are on the line.
readily: paid cash on the line.
- out of line:
- not in a straight line.
- in disagreement with what is accepted or practiced.
presumptuous: That last remark was out of line.
- read between the lines, to understand the unexpressed but implied meaning of something said or written: Her letter sounded cheerful enough, but I read a certain sadness between the lines.
- toe the line or mark:
- to conform strictly to a rule, command, etc.
- to shoulder responsibilities;
do one's duty: He tried hard to toe the line on the new job.
- to take a position in a line;
range (often fol. by up): to line up before the start of a parade.
- to hit a line drive.
- to line out.
lin′a•ble, line′a•ble, adj.
- to bring into a line, or into line with others (often fol. by up): to line up troops.
- to mark with a line or lines: to line paper for writing.
- to sketch verbally or in writing;
outline (often fol. by out): We followed the plan he had lined out.
- to arrange a line along: to line a coast with colonies.
- to form a line along: Rocks lined the drive.
- to apply liner to (the eyes).
- to delineate with or as if with lines;
draw: to line the silhouette of a person's head.
- [Archaic.]to measure or test with a line.
- line out:
- [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a line drive caught on the fly by a player of the opposing team.
- to execute or perform: He lined out a few songs upon request.
- line up, to secure;
make available: to line up support; to line up a speaker for the banquet.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
Hello there, this blog post is about How To Turn Off Your Gas Line In An Emergency - YouTube ( How To Shut Off Gas To House #5). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1165 x 655. This photo's file size is just 80 KB. Wether You desired to download This blog post to Your PC, you can Click here. You might too download more pictures by clicking the following photo or see more at this post: How To Shut Off Gas To House.
Timber surfaces you will find so many different hues outthere on the market I am sure an item is to fit makers to also the wildest suggestions. Though pushing the boundaries of traditional style and being creative is obviously delightful within the interior-design marketplace continues to be essential to check out specified principles and guidelines to avoid some of the faults uncomfortable How To Turn Off Your Gas Line In An Emergency - YouTube ( How To Shut Off Gas To House #5) fashion.
Under you will uncover some highly-effective although simple ideas to remember when selecting the How To Shut Off Gas To House on your interior.
The room measurement, feel and shade of the coloring of the furniture, large ceilings as well as the walls ought to be your concern whenever choosing hues for the ground. For your ultimate layout to be successful should be secondary colors. The floor that is brand new must match the wood floors that are existing to maintain move and the strength of your home.
Avoid dim floor in a little place with dim surfaces - it'll make the room more thick and dismal (see how floors made of dark wood). Dim colors draw out the warmth of another elements of decoration. For light colored floors and surfaces roofs go in locations with minimal.
Dark and black colors really are a common choice for artists' broadcasters, modern decorations and trendy. Dirty standard brown coloring or natural wood that is great in case you favor a vintage search. Colour range and vibrant (numerous shades-of crimson: oak and ash Jatoba or tainted within the same color) that's perfect for commercial rooms, workplaces and other huge spaces where a floor becomes a key element of the design.
Brown hot platinum and timber tones that are reddish is likely to make your room comfortable. Bright and gray floor can make your place ample. Opt for pure colored wood floor in matt end when the power to conceal a little reduction and scores are a must. Keep in mind that the colors should match distinction and one another. The ground can not have identical hues as walls and furniture.
There's no better solution to ascertain the color of a floor in the place of considering the sample place in day light as the How To Shut Off Gas To House photos and electronic house planner can provide a broad idea of what the ultimate result could be.