Coppercop•per1 (kop′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a malleable, ductile, metallic element having a characteristic reddish-brown color: used in large quantities as an electrical conductor and in the manufacture of alloys, as brass and bronze. Symbol: Cu;
at. wt.: 63.54;
at. no.: 29;
sp. gr.: 8.92 at 20°C.
- a metallic reddish brown.
- a coin composed of copper, bronze, or the like, as the U.S. cent or the British penny.
- any of several butterflies of the family Lycaenidae, as Lycaena hypophleas(American copper), having copper-colored wings spotted and edged with black.
- a container made of copper.
- a tool partly or wholly made of copper: a soldering copper.
- a large kettle, now usually made of iron, used for cooking or to boil laundry.
- made of copper: copper kettles.
coppery: The copper sun sank into the sea.
- to cover, coat, or sheathe with copper.
- [Informal.]hedge (def. 6).
Squaresquare (skwâr),USA pronunciation n., v., squared, squar•ing, adj., squar•er, squar•est, adv.
- a rectangle having all four sides of equal length.
- anything having this form or a form approximating it, as a city block, rectangular piece of candy, etc.
- an open area or plaza in a city or town, formed by the meeting or intersecting of two or more streets and often planted with grass, trees, etc., in the center.
- a rectangularly shaped area on a game board, as in chess or checkers.
- a try square,Tsquare, or the like.
- the second power of a quantity, expressed as a2 = a × a, where a is the quantity.
- a quantity that is the second power of another: Four is the square of two.
- a person who is ignorant of or uninterested in current fads, ideas, manners, tastes, etc.;
an old-fashioned, conventional, or conservative person.
- (formerly) a body of troops drawn up in quadrilateral form.
- a unit of measure for roofing materials, equal to 100 square feet (9.3 sq. m).
- a flower bud of the cotton plant.
- the area at the bottom of a hatchway.
- Usually, squares. a square meal: to get three squares a day.
- a situation in which two heavenly bodies or groups of heavenly bodies have celestial longitudes differing by 90 degrees, an aspect indicative of internal tension with an equally strong and conflicting need for adjustment.
- [Obs.]a pattern, standard, or example.
- on the square:
- at right angles.
just: Their dealings with us have always been on the square.
- out of square:
- not at right angles.
- not in agreement;
irregular: The inspector's conclusions are out of square with his earlier report.
- to reduce to square, rectangular, or cubical form (often fol. by off): He squared off the log to make a timber for his house.
- to mark out in one or more squares or rectangles.
- to test with measuring devices for deviation from a right angle, straight line, or plane surface.
- to multiply (a number or quantity) by itself;
raise to the second power.
- to describe or find a square that is equivalent in area to: to square a circle.
- to bring to the form of a right angle or right angles;
set at right angles to something else.
- to even the score of (a contest): to square a game.
- to set (the shoulders and back) in an erect posture so they form an angle similar to a right angle.
- to make straight, level, or even: Square the cloth on the table.
- to regulate, as by a standard;
- to adjust harmoniously or satisfactorily (often fol. by with): How could you square such actions with your conscience?
- to balance;
settle: to square a debt.
- to secure a desired action or attitude by means of bribery;
- to accord or agree (often fol. by with): Your theory does not square with the facts.
- to settle, even, or balance a matter, as by paying a bill, returning a favor, or tying a score.
- (of a cotton plant) to form buds.
- square around, [Baseball.](of a bunter) to shift the feet and body from a conventional batting stance to a position facing the pitcher, with the bat held across and in front of the body.
- square away:
- [Naut.]to arrange the yards so as to sail before the wind.
- to prepare;
get ready: Square away for dinner.
- to assume a position of defense or offense: The wrestlers squared away for the first fall.
- to organize or complete satisfactorily;
put in order: I want to square away the work before going on vacation.
- square off:
- to assume a posture of defense or offense, as in boxing: They squared off for a fight.
- to prepare to dispute with another;
show signs of opposition or resistance: The governor and the legislature are squaring off over the landfill issue.
- square the circle, to strive without chance of success;
attempt the impossible.
- square up, to pay or settle an account, bill, etc.: We squared up with the cashier and checked out of the hotel.
- formed by or as a right angle;
having some part or parts rectangular: a square corner.
- having four sides and four right angles in two dimensions or three pairs of parallel sides meeting at right angles in three dimensions;
having each dimension in the shape of a square or rectangle and all angles right angles: a square box.
- noting any unit of area measurement having the form of a square and designated by a unit of linear measurement forming a side of the square: one square foot.
- noting a system of area measurement in terms of such units.
- (of an area) equal to a square of a specified length on a side: five miles square.
- at right angles, or perpendicular.
- at right angles to the mast and the keel, as a yard.
- having a square or rectangular section: a square bar.
- having a solid, sturdy form, esp. when characterized by a rectilinear or angular outline.
- straight, level, or even, as a surface.
- leaving no balance of debt on either side;
having all accounts settled: I'm all square with my landlord.
- just, fair, or honest.
- straightforward, direct, or unequivocal.
- conventional or conservative in style or outlook;
- so as to be square;
in square or rectangular form.
- at right angles.
- fairly or honestly.
- directly or straightforwardly.
Barbar1 (bär),USA pronunciation n., v., barred, bar•ring, prep.
- a relatively long, evenly shaped piece of some solid substance, as metal or wood, used as a guard or obstruction or for some mechanical purpose: the bars of a cage.
- an oblong piece of any solid material: a bar of soap; a candy bar.
- the amount of material in a bar.
- an ingot, lump, or wedge of gold or silver.
- a long ridge of sand, gravel, or other material near or slightly above the surface of the water at or near the mouth of a river or harbor entrance, often constituting an obstruction to navigation.
- anything that obstructs, hinders, or impedes;
barrier: a bar to important legislation.
- a counter or place where beverages, esp. liquors, or light meals are served to customers: a snack bar; a milk bar.
- a barroom or tavern.
- (in a home) a counter, small wagon, or similar piece of furniture for serving food or beverages: a breakfast bar.
- the legal profession.
- the practicing members of the legal profession in a given community.
- any tribunal: the bar of public opinion.
- a band or strip: a bar of light.
- a railing in a courtroom separating the general public from the part of the room occupied by the judges, jury, attorneys, etc.
- a crowbar.
- Also called bar line. the line marking the division between two measures of music.
- See double bar.
- the unit of music contained between two bar lines;
- an objection that nullifies an action or claim.
- a stoppage or defeat of an alleged right of action.
- [Typography.]a horizontal stroke of a type character, as of an A, H, t, and sometimes e.
- (in tracery) a relatively long and slender upright of stone treated as a colonette or molded.
- [Building Trades.]
- an iron or steel shape: I-bar.
- a muntin.
- one of a pair of metal or cloth insignia worn by certain commissioned officers.
- bars, the transverse ridges on the roof of the mouth of a horse.
- a space between the molar and canine teeth of a horse into which the bit is fitted.
- (in a bridle) the mouthpiece connecting the cheeks.
- bride2 (def. 1).
- a horizontal band, narrower than a fess, that crosses the field of an escutcheon.
- [Obs.]a gateway capable of being barred.
- at bar, [Law.]
- before the court and being tried: a case at bar.
- before all the judges of a court: a trial at bar.
- behind bars, in jail: We wanted the criminal behind bars.
- to equip or fasten with a bar or bars: Bar the door before retiring for the night.
- to block by or as if by bars: The police barred the exits in an attempt to prevent the thief 's escape.
- to prevent or hinder: They barred her entrance to the club.
- to exclude or except: He was barred from membership because of his reputation.
- to mark with bars, stripes, or bands.
but: bar none.
Sinksink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Howdy guys, this attachment is about Smooth Copper Square Undermount Bar Sink ( Copper Prep Sink Undermount #1). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 752 x 564. It's file size is just 34 KB. If You desired to save This picture to Your computer, you may Click here. You might also download more images by clicking the following photo or see more at here: Copper Prep Sink Undermount.
Are you still while in the temper to cook within the home were dirty? Has to be tough? Cooking is definitely an activity that requires sensations. In case your dishes will also be severe should you be experiencing unpleasant as a result of the chaotic environment of your kitchen, Smooth Copper Square Undermount Bar Sink ( Copper Prep Sink Undermount #1) may be projected. Maintaining your kitchen to maintain it clear and neat isn't a simple thing.
Particularly if your kitchen gear is already overcrowding and so much. Not forgetting the foodstuff elements and herbs are scattered. You could be lacking the cooking mood should you not set an excellent Smooth Copper Square Undermount Bar Sink ( Copper Prep Sink Undermount #1) system. You can taste the cuisine is not as expected, even when pressured. You'll need a storage technique in an home that is effective. Kitchenware, food spices and materials not merely to be stashed nicely and solidly but also within reach. How-to? Let us appear together.
Make Cabinets For Electronics. Produce so that you are easy-to label them, a tray that may keep related things. If they require back, accumulation of comparable things in one spot aid and may simplify the research.